Accelerate is looking for its next star Building Energy Assessor.
This full-time role will be based in Chermside, QLD with an attractive remuneration package and excellent working conditions.
The incumbent will have a strong interest in the building industry and environmental sustainability, cover the following job responsibilities and possess the required skills and experience.
To join our innovative team, email your application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14 August 2017
- Complete domestic and commercial energy efficiency assessments to achieve compliance with the Queensland Development Code and National Construction Code, including:
- Simulate a building’s thermal performance by using accredited software;
- Assess the individual elements of a building against the Deemed-to-Satisfy requirements of the National Construction Code;
- Prepare and compile documents necessary to issue assessment reports.
- Undertake other sustainability and ESD assessments as required, including BASIX, NABERS, Green Star and BESS etc;
- Provide clients with advice on passive design and cost efficient solutions to achieve compliance with energy efficient requirements;
Skills and Experience
- Prior experience in the building industry, design/drafting or with energy efficiency assessments (desirable but not essential);
- Ability to read drawings and interpret technical information;
- Computer skills with ability to quickly learn how to use new software;
- Experience with NatHERS or other energy efficiency modelling software (desirable but not essential);
- Excellent time management and organisational skills;
- Strong work ethic with high degree of professionalism and integrity;
- Highly motivated team member with ability to work autonomously;
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.